1. Take your scarf/gloves/hat off BEFORE entering the tubeCredit: @Lia
You will look like a very red and sweaty tomato if you don’t and you will knock people down if you try to do it in the crowded tube.
2. Say sorryCredit: @Edward Biebèr
Basically all the time. Even if something isn’t your fault. Londoners say it all the time and we are pretty formal which means many will appreciate that you are super polite as well.
3. Stand right, walk leftCredit: @I’m ravenous.
The Golden Rule of Escalators. If you don’t, you will have a swelling mass of angry commuters behind you.
4. Lower your voiceCredit: @Gabrielle L.
Londoners are not very loud people and even though the tube may be very crowded it is not very loud. Make sure to lower your voice especially when using public transport.
5. Never refuse a cup of teaCredit: @flatlay | food | lifestyle 📸
People will look at you in a strange way and ask if you’re okay.
6. Bring a power bankCredit: @CABLE IPHONE 90RB
We are in the 21st century and we use our phones as a GPS, camera, guide and so on. That’s why your phone will get to 0% battery quickly while you are exploring London. Be prepared and grab a power bank.
7. Try new foodCredit: @ANASTYLE_AL © ®
London is a paradise of food from all over the world. Don’t go to the same place again and again. Your new favourite restaurant might be just around the corner.
8. Look rightCredit: @MOURY
Cars drive on the left in the UK so look right or you will experience some scary situations.
9. ‘Cheers’Credit: @Jenny Shields
Cheers is not only used when drinking with friends. The Brits also use it as a ‘goodbye’ or a ‘thank you’.
10. Enjoy your time in LondonCredit: @JULIA LUNDIN
London is one of the greatest cities in the world and you should definitely try to experience and enjoy your time here as much as you can even though it involves big masses of slow walking, selfie-taking tourists and a lot of rain.